The purpose of the Charity is to help persons resident in our parish who are in need, hardship or distress. The Charity may make grants of money, or provide or pay for items, services or facilities intended to help people of all ages. The type of grants available are as follows:-
- Fuel allowances during the cold weather.
- Assistance with travel expenses to hospital, clinics, etc, for individuals or their relatives.
- Assistance with disability aids.
- Student grants (to assist with the cost of travel expenses, books, etc.)
- Eductation supplies for children, or support for adults who are retraining.
- TV licenses for those who may be isolated in their homes.
If you wish to apply for a grant please write to the Charity Secretary – Mrs Heather Smith, at 15, St Giles, (01869 350417) explaining the reason for your application.
The Committee members administering the Charity for the BCF are:- Howard Dellar (Chair), Julie Fenn, Sue Green (Treasurer), Sue Lane, Ian Gedling, Greta Bickley, Andrea Lambert and Heather Smith (Secretary)