The Bletchingdon Community Foundation (BCF) is a charity established in 2013 to hold in trust the property (buildings and grounds that comprise Bletchingdon Village Hall, Bletchingdon Parochial Church of England Primary School, Burdock Piece (the allotments), the Slipe (off Islip Road), and at some point the shop at Duchy Field, and any other property investments which may be made in the interests of the community in the future. It is registered Private Limited Company, managed by a board of Directors who are also the Trustees of the BCF Charity. The BCF is the Trustee of the Bletchingdon Charity and the Bletchingdon Village Hall Charity.
The BCF’s objectives are:
- a) To hold the property known as the Bletchingdon Village Hall for the purposes of a village hall for the use of the inhabitants of Bletchingdon and the neighbourhood for the public benefit.
- b) To relieve sickness particularly in Bletchingdon.
- c) To relieve either generally or individually persons resident in the parish of Bletchington who are in conditions of need, hardship or distress by making grants of money or providing or paying for items, services or facilities calculated to reduce the need, hardship or distress of such persons.
- d) To advance the education of the pupils at Bletchingdon Parochial Church of England Primary School.
- e) The promotion of community participation in healthy recreation for the benefit of the inhabitants of Bletchington by the provision of facilities for amateur sports.
- f) To make grants, provide goods and services and facilities for charitable purposes not inconsistent with Objects (a)-(e) as the Trustees may decide from time to time provided such charitable purposes are within the meaning of the Charities Acts.
The current Trustees are: Tony Saunders (Chair), Julie Fenn, Sue Green (Finance Manager), Peter Baker and Howard Dellar (Company Secretary)
The BCF is currently looking to increase its Board and welcomes interest from any member of our community who wishes to become involved in the management of our charities. In particular we are looking for someone with a solid accounting background to work together with our Financial Manager to manage all aspects of finance for each of the charities.
For more information, please contact
Tony Saunders at email@example.com or 01869 350705, or
Sue Green at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01869 350895